Thứ Sáu, 22 tháng 7, 2011

Mindoro and Batangas Roadtrip for 6 days

5963255631 38b8c685dc z Mindoro and Batangas Roadtrip for 6 days

Last summer, I spent eight weeks on a series of short trips across Luzon. I called Manila my new home and each week I’d go out to visit particular places near Manila that I’ve always wanted to see but never got the chance before. I guess the reason was because I’ve put them off in favor of more far-flung and exotic destinations. I guess it seemed more appealing to visit Palawan, for example, than to spend some nights in Batangas or Laguna. Since I’ve already crossed out a couple of places in my “Philippine travel wishlist,” the time was ripe to visit a couple of interesting places that most Manilenyos have probably grown tired of by now. On my second week, I visited “Puerto Galera,” known to be Manila’s cheaper alternative to Boracay. For me, however, I considered Puerto Galera as my gateway to Mindoro Island.

I teamed up with Darwin on an overnight exploration of Puerto Galera in Oriental Mindoro. The next day, we joined up with Gael and Marky for the long but worthwhile journey to Apo Island located almost 3-hours off the coast of Occidental Mindoro. It’s such a nice experience to be with other passionate travelers … I’d trade in traveling solo for the chance to travel with friends anytime. While the others went back to Manila after the weekend, I spent a few more days in Batangas on my way back to Manila. I spent a night in Batangas City and made my way to the historic town of Taal. Before finally getting on the bus back to Manila, I made sure to visit the exquisite old lighthouse in Catalagan, Batangas.

Read the rest of Mindoro and Batangas Roadtrip for 6 days (One comment)


Exclusive!


Link to full article

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét